Scroll down for written directions. A note on footwear: you may wish to bring shoes that are easy to slip on and off, as many residents preserve their homes' natural wood floors by removing shoes in the mudrooms. And if you would like to hike the land or farm fields, bring appropriate footwear.
From Boston and points further southeast and east
- Interstate I-95 North to Exit 32A (U.S. Route 3 North towards Nashua, NH)
- U.S. Route 3 North to Exit 7W (Route 101A West towards Amherst)
- Route 101A West approximately 7 miles, turn Left on to Route 101 West
- Route 101 West approximately 5 miles, turn Left to continue on Route 101 West
- Approximately 15 miles (at traffic light), turn Right on to Grove Street
- At "T", turn Left onto Main Street.
- Main Street becomes Union Street; follow Union Street 1 mile; turn left onto Steele Road cross bridge and bear right into neighborhood past our sign.
- Bear left and look for parking. We generally meet tours by the brown Park/Walk Welcome sign or in the Common House which is the large building to the right.
From Hartford, CT and points further South West
- Interstate I-91 North to Exit 3 in Vermont (State Route 9/Brattleboro)
- Enter rotary and take second right continuing on State Route 9 East
- Continue through Keene, NH where Route 9 East becomes Route 101 East
- Approximately 16 miles from Keene, turn Left onto Union Street (sign for MacDowell Reservoir)
- Follow Union Street approximately 1.3 miles; turn right onto Steele Road cross bridge and bear right into neighborhood.
From Concord, NH and points northeast
- Route 202 to Peterborough
- At 3-way intersection with library on right go right (west) on Main St
- Follow Main Street straight through next stop sign (town hall will be on your left)
- Continue on Main St which becomes Union St, about 1.1 miles
- Turn left on Steele Rd, cross bridge and bear right into neighborhood.
From Vermont and Upper Valley of NH
- Route 91 South to Exit 5
- Follow signs to Route 12 South, Keene
- In Keene go left (east) on Route 101 West
- Approximately 16 miles from Keene, turn left onto Union St (sign for MacDowell Reservoir)
- Follow Union St approximately 1.3 miles; turn right onto Steele Rd, cross bridge and bear right into neighborhood.
Places to stay
Little River Bed & Breakfast (next door) http://www.littleriverbedandbreakfast.com/
Jack Daniels Motor Inn (2 miles) http://www.jackdanielsinn.com/
Colony House Bed & Breakfast (30 minutes west in Keene, NH) http://www.colonyhouse104.com/